The purpose of the Association shall be to render all possible assistance to the promotion, development, and improvement of all phases of education and rehabilitation of persons of all ages who are blind and visually impaired. This shall be accomplished through:
- Increasing public understanding of the social and economic gains to individuals and to society though providing opportunities for all persons who are blind and visually impaired to become self-sufficient, self-supporting, and contributing members of the society.
- Providing a forum on a state and local level for the discussion of all issues relating to services to persons who are blind and visually impaired and the prevention of visual impairments and providing publications and conferences relating to this purpose.
- Encouraging an interdisciplinary approach to programs or services to persons who are blind and visually impaired through the maximum use of knowledge and skills of all related professions.
- Advance knowledge and skill for the improvement of service to all persons who are blind and visually impaired.
- Initiating and cooperating with other groups in the development of programs of social action for the benefit of persons who are blind and visually impaired.
- Increasing public understanding of the nature and cause of visual impairment and its impact on individuals on society.
- The TAER qualifies as an exempt organization under section 501 (c) of the internal revenue code.
TAER BOARD MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
Our next TAER Board meeting will be held from 4-6 PM on January 19, 2016. If you are an AER member and interested in joining us in our conference call, please contact Marjie Wood at mwood1751@gmail at least 2 days before the meeting to add any agenda items you might have and get the call-in number.
_Treasurer/Membership Contact, Christy Shepard: firstname.lastname@example.org
Webmaster, Justin Louder,. Ed.D.: email@example.com